Miele oven Wiring it in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

Miele H383 B KAT pyrolitic 'Classic'

Can anyone tell me the wiring procedure for this oven please - see attached photo - the bottom right pin is the earth. My kitchen fitter is stumped.
Thanks
Ez

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,017
Sponsored Links
Need more info., what does it say about the power requirements on the rating plate inside the door? What are you or your kitchen fitter planning on connecting it to? What is confusing him, does he have the installation instructions?

Hello jj,

the ratings on the plate are 3.3KW, 3.6KW, 3.9KW due to some wear, I can't make out the voltages but they all start with a 2.

We have a 30 amp fused cooker socket with a live, neutral and earth [the old cable has remained in situ ready to attach to this oven]. We do not have the fitting instructions, only the user manual [its a second hand oven]. Stresses it must be earthed but no other indication regarding which of the pins to use in the grey box on the oven [just to use a miele trained electrician]. He hasn't seen one of these before [in over 40 years of fitting]...

Thanks
Ez

According to instructions on the interwebs, the oven should be suplied from Miele with a 3-core flex. If that's been removed for some reason and there are no installation instructions then you'd need to contact Miele and obtain the instructions. Some of the terminals may need to be strapped for single-phase UK use.

Sponsored Links
oh heck... I've a 'home exchange' family coming on Saturday and no oven.... I'll get on to Miele... thank you so much for your help. If you can think of anything else that may help, do let me know.
Best wishes
Ez

Can you post a better pic of the terminal block. I'm not 100% sure but I think you link 1 to 2 to 3 & connect live. And link 4 to 5 & connect neutral. Earth to 6. You should, as Owain says contact Miele for conformation.

Hi
better pic attached. The numbers on the poles are [hopefully visible] - from bottom left 1,2,3 and top right 4,5, earth.
Thanks
Ez

Attachments

• oven pic 2.jpg
    oven pic 2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 453
Thanks.. They will not confirm wiring, it's part of their health and safety policy. What they did confirm was there's a 'special connector wire' so I bought it and had it delivered, arrived today and guess what, looks just like the one in the old oven!! Except the 3 wires on the new connector, earth live and neutral, are quite long out of the sheath and the ends are nicely tipped with a little metal crimp to aid connection and keep them tidy. It looks to my untutored eye as if the earth plugs into the bottom right pole and the live and neutral stretch across the box from one pole to the other, like a double bond BUT I don't know which one sits above the earth, and again on the top - as someone said - hard wired... someone must know, the Miele bloke said it should be obvious! Not to me or my old fitter.
Thanks
Ez

I don't know how he thinks that supplying a length of cable makes it obvious why they supply copper links for the terminal block. I am thinking it is because it is made to be used on single , 2, or 3 phase supplies, hence the links. But they could equally easily be for different single phase supply voltages (transformer tappings).Do you or your kitchen fitter have a multimeter to check if there is continuity between any of the terminals on the block.

Can you post a better pic of the terminal block. I'm not 100% sure but I think you link 1 to 2 to 3 & connect live. And link 4 to 5 & connect neutral.

According to various manuals on the web that are findable, that's the way (some) other Miele hobs are wired.

Perhaps they're fairly standard across their ranges?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back