Miele W820 flashing rinse light

H

handyandypt

Hi. I have a Miele W820 I have no history with; I brought it on spec. On first run I had water going in and out but no drum action, accompanied by flashing rinse light. I checked forums and started with EL 110-A board. All OK for fuse and relay, didn't check further.
Next I went for brushes on mrt32-606/2- looked new.
mielebrush.jpg
I checked the windings etc. with a meter; all OK but no reading on pin 6, this should be the midpoint of the windings.
On checking the connection there was no socket for the spike to enter, but the left hand side had two connections for the coil.
mielemotor.jpg

There are wired sockets below where the spikes would enter. Having never opened a Miele motor before please tell me is this normal? What is my next avenue of inquiry?
Cheers

Attachments

• mieleboard.jpg
    mieleboard.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 451
Sponsored Links
The plastic brush holder has 4 pins and these plug into 4 connectors on the motor.
In your photo I can see one but not two.

Hi Richard. The two unwired plastic sockets you can see are where the brush holder spikes go. The wired sockets you see below are not used. So I have pin 1-2 tacho, pin 3-4 brushes, pin 5-7 windings. There is not a connection to pin 6. Does anyone have availability of schematics/wiring diagrams?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for responding Richard. I have moved on from my first query. The centre point of the winding is not essential as speed control is performed by triac / diode combination. I tested the motor with a 12v battery and all seems fine. I have moved on to the electronic side of things (EL 110-A) after reading some of the german forums input. Apparently the triacs (the heatsinks in the picture) are likely to have blown and a meter across the outer legs of mine shows a short. I am awaiting delivery of TYN812 triacs and BY329 diodes from Reichelt electronics in Germany. Should be any day. I'll update on progress in case other people are having similar problems.

OK. Final update. After replacing components on the board - no change - I eventually managed to get a circuit diagram/schematic off the internet. After continuity testing all the runs between motor and control board I found there was a break somewhere in the loom between control board and one of the field windings (pin 5). Replacing the wire gave me the wonderful sight of the motor turning for the first time since I bought the machine. I attach diagrams in case anyone has a EL110 unit
1.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Thanks that could well be helpful to others I have asked the Mods to add it to the wiki.

Thanks. I found this the best forum available and I appreciated intelligent input on my problem. Nobody can predict a break in a factory produced loom, so the diagrams are the best resource. Thanks guys!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back