Miele 'Rinses' Light Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys another Miele flashing 'Rinses' LED problem.. :D

I had the common issue blown 6.A fuse and melted relay as per this excellent thread //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=130792&start=0

I've replaced these parts on the circuit board but still the machine is flashing 'rinses' LED and the motor does not turn. The fuse did not blow either. (BTW I couldn't get a 6.3A from RS so went for a 4A as a temporary).

The brushes had plenty of meat in them. I'm thinking of testing the circuit board tracks. Hoping I haven't damaged the board. I'm also thinking of taking the motor out / checking the wiring.. can anyone tell me how to do that? I've had the brushes part off but access to the motor itself seems difficult.

Sponsored Links
Check that the plastic brush holder plugs (there are 4) plug into their receptacles properly and that you've released the brushes from their holders so they contact the commutator.

I have had one that turned out to be a blown pcb board (edpw 200).

Sorry, helps if I read carefully. Does your machine have a bottom plate?
If not you can access from below.
Slip the belt off first and the motor is held on by 3 bolts.
I tend to tilt it 45 degrees to the left and undo one side and tilt it 45 degrees to the right and do the other side.
My w828 is very heavy so be careful.
You can lie it on the side too if you drain all the water out first.
Just ensure you lay towels down as of you lay it down onto a screw the enamel will chip....

I have found it too tricky to remove the motor via the front

Check that the plastic brush holder plugs (there are 4) plug into their receptacles properly and that you've released the brushes from their holders so they contact the commutator.

Hey Richard...

I gave up on the machine many moons ago but today, but I remembered your comments, and today I checked it and.. wow.. you were exactly right.. the pins were not homed properly AND I don't think the brushes were released..

It was fiddly but I spent a good while refitting this item and checking these points...

The machine is now up and running again and I'm currently testing it. ;)

Sponsored Links
Great news. Love a happy ending when it comes to fixing stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back