Miele T 294 C Tumble Dryer Problems

Thanks very much for your help and advice zipper. ok, we'll give it a go! Will report back how it goes...

Do you think it's worth replacing the wire as well? Could you please let me know what kind of wire that is?

Sponsored Links
Which wire?.......Do you mean the connector cable between pcb & NTC??
It is up to you if you want to change it at the same time. But unless there is an obvious continuity problem because of a bad contact in one of the plugs I don't see the point. You could try giving the plugs a slight nip to tighten them but be aware they break very easily. You can check cable continuity with your meter (wiggle the plug/cable in case there is a bad joint at one end). If you want to buy a new connector cable complete with plugs attached I am afraid you are out of luck. Miele will sell you two new plugs (p/n 7974030) but the cable you'll have to find on your own. I am not sure what size it is but I would think around 0.25 sqmm braided conductor. As it terminates very near the heater box the cable would either have to be minimum temp class C...or need class C glass/silicone sleeving fitted over the cables at the heater box end.

Thanks zipper, yes, that's the wire I was thinking. ok, we'll try it with a new NTC (without new wire) first and see how that goes. Will keep in mind all the info you so kindly provided about the wire if that proves necessary...

Off to order a new part :)

Will keep you posted for sure!!

Hey zipper! Thought you might like an update - NTC arrived and installed. Only just had time to do a load of laundry - viola! - all working as it should :D

I'm over the moon - very, very happy!! Certainly would not have done it without your help and guidance. Thank you so much. Xx

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back