Miele T294C tumble dryer no power to element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just joined after reading many helpful posts and am hoping that someone can help me on this issue.

I have a Miele T294C tumble dryer and on a normal cycle it runs for about 2 minutes before stopping and beeping a lot. The "finish" light is on solid and the "machine iron" light flashes. The Miele book says to contact their service dept.

After reading on here, I have tested the resistance/continuity of the thermostat, front and rear NTCs, and the heater element. All are close to normal values.

I have (carefully) checked the feed to the heater element whilst in operation and there is no voltage there.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
Ok, so I decided the problem probably lies with the heater pcb. However one of these costs>£100 so I removed it to have a look. There were 3 relays, one of which had some discolouration around its contacts. Tested it and found the relay had definitely failed. I have now removed it from the pcb and ordered a new one for less than £2. Fingers crossed for a successful cheap fix...

can you tell me where you got the relays as my machine has an identical problem...and did the relays pull of the board or were they soldered?

Sponsored Links
can you tell me where you got the relays as my machine has an identical problem...and did the relays pull of the board or were they soldered?

Hi there.
I got the relay from RS Online and the reference number was 256-3165. They were £1.80 each. There are 3 of these on the heater PCB and they are soldered on with 6 pins going through the board. When I looked at the back of this board it was obvious which one had gone as there was dark discolouration around the 6 solder points of the failed relay. So I only replaced the one. It is still working well 6 months later. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back