Miele T294c, no heat :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Miele T294c which isn't heating. I have checked and bypassed !! the thermostat..no difference. I ordered and fitted a new NTC sensor..no difference. I have resistance on my front NTC sensor, and continuity on the heat elements!....help please :confused:

Sponsored Links
What resistance readings do you get on the front NTC (cold/hot). Does the dryer work on a 30min timed cycle? Have you checked cable continuity from the front NTC plug back to the board? If the element / rear & front NTC + cabling are intact then it could either be a fault on the separate heater pcb, or it isn't receiving control voltage from the main pcb.

Sorry, had a w/e away....thanks for the reply.
Dryer is no different on a timed / warm air cycle
There is continuity back to the board through the cables
Resistance readings with my meter set on 200k is 13.3 for the front ntc, but 114.2 on the rear ntc (sorry not so good with meters, may be using the wrong setting??)
Before it went down for good, the machine was playing up, sometimes would work perfectly, othertimes would beep and would need restarting after 5 or so minutes.

Did you change the rear or front NTC?
I know I wrote a long description on how to put a Miele dryer into diagnostic mode, it may even have been on this exact model. If you use the search function & type in "Miele" you'll find it. When you have ran diagnostics post the results.

Sponsored Links
ok, it is...dryer light flashes twice, then cool air flashes once. This then just seems to repeat itself

That indicates an open circuit NTC on the heater bank.
Check the plug connections at the NTC & dryer pcb + continuity of the cables between.
The NTC should measure around 140kΩ at 20C. Pop the NTC probe tip into in a cup of very hot water & check the resistance drops rapidly.
If all seems ok then you may have to change out the heater pcb.

The resistance is about 150 at room temp...this does drop to around 30 when the tip has been in a cup of hot water for around 10 secs.
There is continuity in the cables, and I have unplugged everything from the pcb and back in again, but still no heat!!

Do you mean 150kΩ & 30kΩ?
Book values are 140k at 20C & 10.6k at 85C. From experience they are rarely book value. If the element, thermostat, rear/front NTC, & wiring are all in order then it looks like either the stand-alone heater pcb has gone awol...or it isn't receiving control voltage from the main pcb. BTW did you check the front NTC hot & cold? The only other advice I can offer is to check the ribbon cable between the main pcb & heater pcb (do it with the power off as the heater pcb is fed directly from the suppressor & permanently live). A new EZL351 heater pcb will set you back £109. Up to you how you want to proceed.

Thanks zipper, yes I did check the front, and though I cant remember the readings, they did drop when put into hot water. Not so sure how to proceed still, don't want to risk £110 to find that its something else, but still don't want to pay such a high callout to Miele!! BTW where can the parts be ordered from? are they Miele only?
Think I'll sleep on this one, and let the missus make the decision (that way I can't be wrong!!)

You can buy spares directly from Miele or places like espares, Buyspares uk, etc.
The best people to diagnose & repair problems on Miele products are Miele engineers.
Independent repairers are usually good "all-rounders" but unless they are an approved Miele partner they often lack the specific product training.

Hi all

Have a Miele T294C tumble dryer that doesn't work properly, (will not complete an automatic cycle nor will it run a full timed cycle) have looked through the previous posts and followed Zippers instructions to put it into service mode

Lights flash as follows:

Drying 5 long flashes
Cool air 5 short flashes

Could anyone advise the fault please?

Thanks

Does the machine machine heat up? I have an older manual for another dryer and 5 long and 5 short mean for that machine that program time limit has been exceeded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back