Miele T430 Tumble Dryer Thermostat Access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am trying to gain access to the thermostats (marked green in photo I presume?)

Going of what others have written in other forums I have tried to remove the 6 bolts on the back plate, pictured in red, however the back plate is not coming off I've put plyers on the plate and tried to pull and it isn't going anywhere. I can't see any other bolts, the items in yellow look like rivets?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Does your machine have diamond shaped plate at back of dryer held on by 4 Torx screws? In many models, the thermostat is accessed this way.

On my machine, I had to undo more torx screws. The yellow hole in the photo. Rotate the drum to align with them.

Sponsored Links
Oops, my bad!

Here is how I took my panel off.
There are two more through these holes. One is at 3 and the other is at 9.

[Don't ask why these have decided to be 90 degrees out. They were taken at 3 and at 9]

That’s brilliant. You are a star. I had tried those two holes before, but there was so much fluff behind them I couldn’t find the screws.
Next problem: It was fairly obvious what had failed; see picture. I think it is called the thermal cut out, rather than the thermostat which looks and tests OK. Thermostat is on right. Inset images show views from other side.
Problem is while I can get the thermostat; all the online dealers say Miele won’t supply the other part. Does anyone know of an alternative, or even what it is called?

Have you tried treating it like a thermostat and banging it? (onto a wooden surface)

If you look at the photo you will see that the plastic part has burnt away to the extent that the left hand terminal is not supported at all! It has fallen apart already. Banging it will not help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back