Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dryer does not work on certain programs. It seems to work fine on the “timed” programs eg silks,delicates smoothing but the rest don’t work. It doesn’t even try to turn. I have cleaned all out and the element is fine. Just won’t start up on certain programs. I don’t know how to check for error codes either. Please help. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
check sensors

so do all the programmes on one side of the knob work, but none work on the other half?

does it not even display how long the programme will take on the display? on the programmes that you say do not work

and no error codes???

you may need to remove the dial knob to check that it is in fact turning the control arm, perhaps it sometimes catches/sometimes not

it will then be a case of checking the control board, I think!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply mate. Yes it says how long but just doesn’t start. I was trying to get it to go with some light washing whitch nearly comes out dry from the washer so I will have another try when I wash some heavy clothes. Maybe the dryer thinks it is empty?

Sponsored Links
some driers do not like very small amounts of washing in there as the humidity sensor cannot tell how wet they are so will usually stop prematurely. but they do normally start.

miele - i have never been fortunate enough to come across one but imagine they have extra sensors so possibly a weight sensor so perhaps not enough washing in there.
but would expect none of the programmes to work in that case.

error code should just come up if it detects a problem.

the fact it displays the program duration would indicate to me that the program has been selected and the onboard memory chip is working.

try a heavier wash load and wetter but obviously not dripping wet

the humidity sensors usually take there readings whilst the machine is spinning but yours is not getting that far unless miele machines process the info in a diff order

Last edited:
Check the brushes have not worn to nothing.
They are under the lid.
If they are OK check that there is conductivity between the drum paddle (the metal section) and one of the brush tracks.
Check that there is conductivity between the other brush track and the drum.

Wipe the drum paddles with meths on rag to clean off any softener.

Check the brushes have not worn to nothing.
They are under the lid.
If they are OK check that there is conductivity between the drum paddle (the metal section) and one of the brush tracks.
Check that there is conductivity between the other brush track and the drum.

Wipe the drum paddles with meths on rag to clean off any softener.

hi richard
would that cause the m/c not to work on some programs but not others though?

i would have thought none of the programs would run if that were the case here!

The brushes are only "used" on the sensed cycles like cotton.
The timed cycles don't sense the dryness of the laundry and just go by time.

ah yes, i had forgotten about those brushes (i think some zanussi models might have the same config).

Hi guys I am back. Have now found a fault code f2 any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back