Miele W 404 Plus Rinse Light Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope you had a good Christmas!

My lodgers have said the washing machine has stopped working, and the rinse light is flashing. The machine fills up, drains however it does not spin. Also, I had noticed the machine has been making a loud noise when spinning.

I am away at the moment and due to go back on Sunday, I am happy to order whatever is required so I can replace it on my return.

I have read threads saying that the pump could be faulty or the drain blocked but if it is draining surely this could not be the issue?

Do I need to replace the brushes?

All suggestions welcome and as always thank you all :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Flashing lights or lights on with some on or any light action is an error code so take video and look up online.

Also there will be an engineers code (program cycle) that will make machine run through everything in a few minutes so hopefully it will stop when it gets a problem and lights with show error code.
If drum bearings, that can be a problem job but pump is easy, although you may need to extend power cable. But you say its pumping? Mine recently was hit or miss with pump working but not strong enough so dragged out machine. Lay on side and swapped in 10 mins easy. Pumps last about 5 years imo.

My error code was for pressure sensor which I swapped but fault came back, but turned out to be pump not strong enough so showed as low pressure in drum and been fine for months now.

Last edited:
Check brushes to start with, but sounds like a problem with drum bearings or suspension/frame.

If its old worth considering a replacement, you can get 10 year warranties on
Miele kit.

Blup

Flashing lights or lights on with some on or any light action is an error code so take video and look up online.

Also there will be an engineers code (program cycle) that will make machine run through everything in a few minutes so hopefully it will stop when it gets a problem and lights with show error code.
If drum bearings, that can be a problem job but pump is easy, although you may need to extend power cable. But you say its pumping? Mine recently was hit or miss with pump working but not strong enough so dragged out machine. Lay on side and swapped in 10 mins easy. Pumps last about 5 years imo.

My error code was for pressure sensor which I swapped but fault came back, but turned out to be pump not strong enough so showed as low pressure in drum and been fine for months now.

Check brushes to start with, but sounds like a problem with drum bearings or suspension/frame.

If its old worth considering a replacement, you can get 10 year warranties on
Miele kit.

Blup

Thanks both for the replies, I have ordered the carbon brushes https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274754392520 as this seems to solve the issue for many with the same issue.

When I return I will have a look at the machine and see what the actual issue is (hope its the brushes) before I order anything else!

Thanks both, btw would I need a meter?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi all Happy New Year!!!

I am back home now can someone please tell me how to get the machine into engineers mode? I have tried a few videos on youtube but nothing seems to work.

Also is better to view the motor from the back panel or front?

Thanks all!

Hi all. Managed to get the machine up and running. It was the motor brushes that needed replacing.

Can someone tell me if it’s worth replacing the shock absorbers pls?

Attachments

• 9FA347B9-BB73-4819-91E5-B5394E985D71.jpeg
    9FA347B9-BB73-4819-91E5-B5394E985D71.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 49
Evening all.

I Had a wash on today and noticed water leaking from the door.

Can someone please tell if this currently looks okay or do I need to replace the seal with a new one?

thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 59

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back