miele washing machine flashing lights and water levels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Novotronic 921 with same flashing light problem.
Noticed the lights flash mid cycle and then cycle carried on.
Returned to empty machine and noticed washing still wet. It had taken in the fabric softener so know it had continued with cycle. Set the maschine to spin which it duly did for about 4 minutes and then with 2 minutes on the clock no more spinning. So unloaded.
Reloaded and after water fill - nothing - just flashing light.
Having read all the posts on this informative forum do you reckon I am right in assuming it is likely to be the brushes rather than electronic??

Machine about 1995 and we have used it second hand (came with the business) for the last 5 years without any problems - and in high season may do about 25 washes a week.

Further query - water level for washing is below the window - is this the norm. Washing still comes out clean. We have another miele where the water is a 3rd of the way up the door. Did check the pipe for the pressure guage was clear and "clicking" was heard when I blew into the pressure guage.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2390718#2390718#ixzz1u7uhQcae

Sponsored Links
Yes, it is likely to be the motor brushes. On the W921 the front panel is hinged & opens left to right (the only way to access the motor is via the front panel). I am pretty sure I wrote a "how to" description for the W900 series sometime earlier, if you use the search facility you ought to find it. The second machine sounds like "high water level" has been selected. If you have a user manual it tells you how to change it. If you don't have a user manual post the model details.

Very short brushes now in my hand and on way to buy new ones - did find your previous reply and was relatively easy to remove.

Re the water level - is it the norm for the water to be below the door??

For the other machine it is a novotronic W830 - unfortunatley I dont have an instruction booklet for it, so any advice on changng water levels appreciated

Yes, it is likely to be the motor brushes. On the W921 the front panel is hinged & opens left to right (the only way to access the motor is via the front panel). I am pretty sure I wrote a "how to" description for the W900 series sometime earlier, if you use the search facility you ought to find it. The second machine sounds like "high water level" has been selected. If you have a user manual it tells you how to change it. If you don't have a user manual post the model details.

Zipper - new brushes installed and working fine. Many thanks for advice.
Was actually very easy after reading your paragraph.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back