Miele w842 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
France
Whenever I start a program on Miele w842, within a few seconds the "pre-wash" light starts flashing and the program does not advance. There are washing -machine like noises coming from various parts of the machine but no water makes it into the drum and there is no spinning.
There is some history to this problem - the machine worked fine until recently when we heard the classic Miele "bang" indicating that the circuit board parts needed replacing. Thanks to those on this forum who have showed how to repair this, I sent off for some parts and soldered them in place. With everything repaired, the machine was ready to go again. Except that now, water started leaking from underneath at the end of a cycle. Taking the machine apart again revealed a split in the outlet siphon. So from ebay I purchased a second hand replacement for a reasonable price and have fitted it. But when I first tried the machine after fitting the new siphon, it would not drain and filled to the top with water. The "water inlet" light flashed red. I've fiddled around a bit and that has now gone away. But now I am back to the start of my story - the program goes straight to a flashing prewash light and does not advance. But it is making noises that sound like a washing machine.
I'm very grateful for any ideas about how to get round this one. Having fixed 2 problems myself I'm quite reluctant to admit defeat and call the man from Miele unless absolutely necessary.

Sponsored Links
So I love these self-fixing washing machines....... I unplugged it. Left it 24 hours. Then tried it again. And, lo and behold, everything works fine ! I guess unplugging it reset the programmer ? Why can't all machines be designed and built by Miele?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back