Miele Washing Machine W526 novatronic range,PUMP Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove the pump,
How do I open the front panel that I belive is hinged on the left.

I have removed the four screws at the bottom,and the large bolt at the bottom of the porthole recess.

does the front control panel move with the front panel or should it be seperated.

If you have to remove the front control panel there is a retaining screw that is located behind the indicaton panel,and I do not see a way forward.

Help would be very much apreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it only has one 8mm bolt at 6pm in the porthole then the front isn't hinged (hinged models have 3 bolts in the porthole).
The upper part of the front panel locates on two plastic expansion lugs that point down through square holes in the front panel (which you can't see without removing the control panel & pcb). It is easy to bust something so I would suggest taking off the control panel for safety's sake. Try this:
Remove the lid & soap tray - remove the screw(s) behind the soap tray - lever off the program dial - using a thin knife lever out the display panel starting from the upper RH side (a small leaf spring will fall out once off) - remove 2 T15 screws either side of the pcb & lift it slightly out (you should now be able to see the expansion plugs) - remove the outer door bellow spring & release the bellow from the front panel - unscrew 2 x T15 screws holding the door switch - remove the kick strip & the outer of two T15 screws each side of the front panel (L&R) - remove the 8mm bolt at 6pm in the porthole opening. Pull the base of the front panel out a little then pull down to release it from the two expansion plugs at the top of the panel. If you hit problems then you may have to release pressure on the expansion plugs at the top. Hope I remembered everything...its been a while since I did one. Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back