Miele WT2670 dryer fan removal

Sponsored Links
That looks a pretty good rough guide and gives some good images.

If you feel competent, the best thing to do is be methodical and have a go. Take photos as you go to remember how and where things fitted. Have trays for all the different screws. Note any electrical connections.

I made a long post about a normal dryer tear-down and clean recently (no help for you I know) but before that, I had never opened one up. It was all a bit of an experimental guess.

It may take you a few days to complete it you work on it slowly. So look for your nearest laundrette in the mean time.

Don't try a rushed repair to have no downtime using the machine.

I have removed one from a Wt945 and it was a pig. The edge of the drum is sharp and there is not alot of room. In order to remove the sides you have to remove the front. You may be able to get a few more cm's by tilting it forward but be careful it doesn't tip over.

Sponsored Links
I opened the machine up again today. What was strange was that a week ago, when I tried to spin the dryer fan with my finger, it was very difficult to get it to move at all. This time it span through about one revolution. I ran the rinse out fluff programme a few times and the dryer section is now working! Now I need to fix another problem with the machine, which has been there for a few weeks - I will start up a new thread on that topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back