Milestone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one used the milestone software, if so how did you get on with it.

I currently run three IOP cameras into my desktop and use the SD card in the individual cameras for recording.

The downside of this is the fact that the 32 GB card only covers a 24 hour period, I know that using the motion sensor ability of the cameras would greatly increase this but have yet to get my head around setting up the motion sensor bit.

My main gripe with the current soft ware is the fast forward speed which is only times two, so if the bit you want to view is 55 minutes into the one hour slot it will take 27 minutes to get to that bit.

I have been told that for about £120 Milestone do some down loadable program which converts a users PC to an effective recorder/play back machine.

All thoughts gratefully received.

Tim

current IoP cams are Panasonic WV-SW175e

http://www.milestonesys.com/our-products/xprotect-software-suite/xprotect-go/

Sponsored Links
You can use a free version of Milestone software, you have to register it with them but it is free although you will need to keep a pc switched on 24/7 and pay the electric costs associated with than.

Another option is using a Synology NAS box and the provided Surveillance Station software, more expensive upfront costs (compared to an old free PC) but smaller on-going electricity costs and almost zero maintainace although after the first 2 IP cameras you have to buy licenses for each extra camera.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back