Millenco Composite (Dales) doors fitted, glazing issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I've just had a front and rear composite door fitted (Millenco) from the Dales Collection, fitting was excellent and can't fault it but noticed in the top arch glazing panel on one of the doors, there is a sand coloured spherical object approximately 1mm in size sat on top of the silver edging on the sealed unit, so inside the glass.

Now whilst this is not major, it is something I notice every time I go to the door now. Question is, what is it and is this acceptable?

Sponsored Links
Photo please

Can it be seen in natural light from 2 meters away?

I don't have a photo but can arrange that. As for 2 metres away in natural light, not sure, possibly not. When you go to the door and use the handle, the eye height is right by the glass arch panel so you can clearly see it.

I'm just wondering what the object is, my other door doesn't have it inside. Been trying to think how to move it around and perhaps into a corner :) but not sure whether the door can be taken off the hinges or not, I know they come with the frame these days and I'm not an installer.

Hard to say what it is without seeing it.
If it cant be seen from 2m away then the installer and glass supplier would be under no obligation to replace it for free (there are guidelines for marks and blemishes in glass and units as they are building products and not always perfect).

Post a pic and ask your supplier if they would come and take a look

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back