Milwaukee

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of buying a nail gun by Milwaukee. (all the power tools are this brand)
Any pros or cons.
It is to do woodwork round the house and garden ( the fencing needs capping replaced for eg)
First fix or finishing.
What gauge nails?

I know, too many questions.
TIA

Sponsored Links
I can't think of anything in the garden that would use finishing pins such as 18/16g. You may need two guns!

I can't think of anything in the garden that would use finishing pins such as 18/16g. You may need two guns!
Thank you for responding.
Forget the garden then- will use hammer and nails.
Which nail gun is going to be most useful
Use to do a fair bit of woodwork 30 years ago. Plan to start doing it soon as am planning to get an extention built ( builder doing the extension, I will fit the kitchen and underfloor heating )

Sponsored Links
If you start doing fencing and exterior you really need guns capable of firing circa 2mm and 3mm shank nails.

The former is a coil nail size, generally available in something like 1.9 to 2.2mm shank x 19 to 64mm, which come with a 2.5 to 3mm full round head. This is incidentally the size you need for laying plywood, etc on floors.

The latter size is probably better sourced as a 2.8 to 3.1mm paper collated clipped head strip nail.in 50 to 90mm lengths (i.e a Passlode type clipped head nail). You can get full head nails, too, but nails are more difficult to source readily

TBH I think that DIYers are better off considering a small compressor and pneumatic nailers for low volumes and intermittent usage. This is partly because all cordless and gas nailers have a maintenance overhead - deWalt 1st fix cordless nailers require replacement springs periodically, compressed nitrogen cordless nailers (e.g. Senco Fusion, Milwaukee etc) need replacement gas cylinders periodically because they leak nitrogen through the seals (replacement is a workshop repair), whilst compressed air cordless nailers such as the Hikoki and Ryobi Air Strike also leak air through hthe seals, but whilst they do need to be recharged periodically that does cost less than regassing the Milwaukee or Senco Fusion guns. Of the three types only the DW is a DIY service fix, for competent spanner twirlers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back