Getting a Multitool - stick with DeWalt? Or get Milwaukee and a battery adapter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been after a multitool for a while... I only have two cordless tools, a drill and an impact driver, both DeWalt. No plans to buy more any time soon, apart form the multitool. So my first thought was to stick with DeWalt. But having looked into it some more, the Milwaukee gets great reviews and is apparently all round better, including from a vibration pov. But I'm only a DIYer so it won't see loads of use.

Which would you get in my position? I wouldn't want to get the battery/charger etc for Milwaukee and so would need to use it with the DeWalt batteries and an adapter.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you both.

The DeWalt it is then :)

Now just need to decide between the 355 and 356 variant. Seems the main (only?) difference is the three speed settings of the 356.

Is it worth paying more for that?

Any other differences between the two models?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes if you have Dewalt already it's a no brainer. I needed a multi tool a while back, I wanted one for a few years as I thought it would have been handy for a few things but always found a workaround but finally could not proceed without one so bought a crappy SH one for peanuts, glad I paid peanuts because I've never used it since.

i think with dewalt at least the speed control seems to be purely electronic on brushless sort off hinted at by the "gear select" being away from the body where the mechanical linkage to a gearbox would be and also hinted at by fixing to tools like the 887 impact and the 356 saw as tools that dont have gearboxes in the past so perhaps preset electronic speed and torque control would be closer but just a guess??

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all the help today. I've gone for the 356 with the x3 speed settings. It has lower vibration that the 355, which is a big bonus for me.

I managed to pick it up for £112 with a 35 piece accessory set AND a T-Stak case. Very impressed I was! And I've also hopefully got a further 20% off using Topcashback, which would make it a ridiculous £90 all in if that cashback pays out.

It was from ebay. The Topcashback 20% is for today only. The eBay 20% voucher is until the 27th. If anyone wants details as to what I got etc let me know and I'll post them up.

Cheers

It's tracking for me, topcashback, saved nearly £200. Just over 2 hours to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back