Miners and their NUM

Sponsored Links
empip said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1867540,00.html

Old labour - d'you get an uncomfy feeling about our leaders too ?
:cool: :cool:
Is this why we should have an uncomfy feeling about our leaders:

The Government has repeatedly emphasised that “100 per cent of the compensation that we pay must go to the claimants without anyone else taking a slice of it”.

Nothing wrong in that statement that i can see :confused:

I was pointing out the pitfalls of the unions which old Labour held close to it's heart .... I think there are similarities in the 'we know best' attitude coupled with 'we will handle the money issues'. Yes, as big a set of rogues as you'd like to meet !!
:mad:

but as you say that was old labour, the present leaders are nowhere near the old labour ideals in their thinking, more middle to right if you ask me, though i prefer that to either extreme.
the trouble with this country is people get fed up too soon with reforms because they ccost them in their pockets and such , so what happens we change the government and then it all has to be rewritten and that's why this country has stuck in the mud for so long and nothing can ever get changed or rectified because the arguing and revolts stop anything from finally evolving into anything worth having, the public should show more patience things don't change overnight, give the guys a chance three terms is not enough.

Sponsored Links
If i remember correctly the NUM under Scargill were by very far the most wealthiest of Unions infact they were a financial force because of their wealth.

This they lost a lot of when Thatcher confrunted them in 1984 as they had to dig deep to support their striking miners.

It seems the NUM has and is nothing but a money making machine for those in power of it, after all what's Scargill been doing lately? has anybody seen him signing on or pushing supermarket trolley's?

is he still alive?
he was made a scapegoat for public opinion against unions at that time to help maggies cause for crushing the unions and although i don't agree with the unions having so much power they had in the seventies it seems the power has now swung far too much in the employers benefit with workers being treated as badly nowadays as in the twenties.

kendor said:
is he still alive?
he was made a scapegoat for public opinion against unions at that time to help maggies cause for crushing the unions and although i don't agree with the unions having so much power they had in the seventies it seems the power has now swung far too much in the employers benefit with workers being treated as badly nowadays as in the twenties.

Tell you the truth i dont know what happened to him he just disappeared

FRAUD...

That is the only word for it, if the Solitors have acted unscrupulously or illegally then they, not the Union, should be forced to repay the money swindled out of the claimants, further, the firm should be wound up, it's partners prosecuted and all staff involved in the legal cases so far should be barred from further participation, even with other law firms.

This is a bloody disgrace.

sure it wasn't done on a no win no fee deal? If you lose you pay nothing if you win you get nothing as we get it all! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back