Minimum reading allowed for pyro (insulation resistance)

ricicle said:
I've heard the older guys say they used to dry MI cables out to improve IR by using a hand cranked megger.Any truth in that you more senior guys out there?

Ricicle

Ohhh, that would explain why some older sparks have huge mussels in their right arm

I think I'll stick with the blow torch just incase someone gets the wrong idea. ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Today i had am2?

im getting reading of around 80.

but still not 99.9

:(

what am i doing wrong.

Did you make the gland off yourself.Did you touch the potting compound with bare hands.Are you sure the cable was new.Were the ends of the cable sealed before termination.Did you cut any length back before termination??????????

Ricicle

Sponsored Links
i made the galnd myself!
didnt touch the potting compound!
cable looked new
ends were NOT SEALED

Its for am2

The unsealed ends could have started to absorb moisture from the atmosphere and if you didn't cut back then that might explain your less than perfect reading

Ricicle

thanks but the amount of cable u get when doing the am2 is so near perfect you cant cut back ends but i will point out to teacher

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back