Country
United Kingdom
Watched a quiz due being unable to sleep and the question was :-

add the numbers

NIGHTEEN MINUS FIVE

3-2x5=
6-4=

Sponsored Links
Don't ever go in for these quizzes, as they are a big, big con. They are really just a random number and they keep on letting people guess until they've raised enough money from the phone ins. If the call costs less than a pound, the company running the quiz do not have to justify how they got the answer, but you can bet it will not be a simple addition sum.

For example, NINETEEN - FIVE also includes the Roman Numerals I, I, IV and V, but this is just one of the many weasellings. Never ever phone in for one of these late night 'do the sums' quizzes.

johnny_t said:
Don't ever go in for these quizzes, as they are a big, big con. They are really just a random number and they keep on letting people guess until they've raised enough money from the phone ins. If the call costs less than a pound, the company running the quiz do not have to justify how they got the answer, but you can bet it will not be a simple addition sum.

For example, NINETEEN - FIVE also includes the Roman Numerals I, I, IV and V, but this is just one of the many weasellings. Never ever phone in for one of these late night 'do the sums' quizzes.

I completely agree with you johnny_t,
But the question just got me curious as it seems to be going on for ever

Sponsored Links
Jonny's right, don't call these things. I used to work in telecoms - as long as a call costs less than £1.50 per minute and the total call cost doesn't exceed £25, the call isn't subject to Ofcom regulation. (might be a year out of date now).

Well, my answer would be 44. It said add the numbers - not, do the calculations and then add the answers :LOL: :cool: (assuming that you have made a typing error with the first NIGHTEEN - otherwise answer - 25)

Gary_M said:
Well, my answer would be 44. It said add the numbers - not, do the calculations and then add the answers :LOL: :cool: (assuming that you have made a typing error with the first NIGHTEEN - otherwise answer - 25)

I know its not 44 as someone rung that in as a answer ,like someone has already mentioned there are roman numerals in the sum I suspect they are included in the answer but I don't think I could suffer another sleepless night watching that programme ,I'd rather spend the night annoying the geezer in the cell next to me :LOL:

Back