"Minuscule" amount of drugs found at Reid's home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LONDON (Reuters) - A "minuscule" amount of cannabis has been found at the Scottish home of Defence Secretary John Reid, police and sources close to the minister said on Saturday.

Strathclyde police said less than 1 gram (0.03 ounces) of cannabis resin, with a street value of 85 pence, had been found in Reid's home during a routine security search, but that no charges would be brought.

A source close to Reid told Reuters the drug had probably been there for 20 years, during which time hundreds of people have been in the house. He said Reid had moved into the house in the 1980s with his first wife, who has since died.

John Corrigan, assistant chief constable of Strathclyde, said in a statement the owner of the house had cooperated fully with police and was not suspected of committing any crime or offence.

OK then, why was his house being 'routinely searched' in the first place? Unless of course they thought someone was 'bugging' him :LOL:

Secondly, if it had been there for 20 years, does no one bother to do any cleaning? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :p

Sponsored Links
don't see any problem with smoking abit of cannabis, I used to when I was a smoker but gave it up with the baccy.

I think you'll find that 20 year old cannabis resin would be long inactive. A simple lab test would prove that - but they won't do that will they?

joe

Of course they won't :LOL: I did think that anything that old would be ineffective - all drugs lose their potency after a while - even prescription ones.

They've already said "hundreds of people have been in the house" so he's already trying to cop out of it :rolleyes:

If he smokes, he smokes so what - apart from the fact that he's a politician and they should really be cleaner than clean :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What do you expect from someone that believes passive smoke is harmless until you eat something at the same time?

joe

joe-90 said:
I think you'll find that 20 year old cannabis resin would be long inactive. A simple lab test would prove that - but they won't do that will they?

joe

Not sure about that, 10 year old stuff still works.

Agree with Hermes. When you find something in your house that "The last resident left behind" you may be surprised what it can still do.

They could have done a simple swab test on his fingers...it would have detected if he had been on the Jamaican woodbines in the last 28 daty acurately

Wonde why they didnt?,, :rolleyes:

Is he a freemason?

Strathclyde police said:
less than 1 gram (0.03 ounces) of cannabis resin, with a street value of 85 pence
How much less that a gram? Would it be reasonable to assume more than 0.5g, on the grounds that they appear to be downplaying this but they didn't say "less than half a gram"?

So a street price of £0.85 - £1.70 per gram?

It's been a while since I indulged, and none of the dealers I knew had gone metric, so we're talking £6 - £12 per quarter.

Kids today - ha! Don't know they're born....

Never touched it...never will..but from what I can gather its cheaper now than it was 20 odd years ago..1/8 was about fifteen quid then apparently..

Coke is freightenly cheap..hence so many addicts.

Sentences are no where near stiff enough

If the BNP get in next time they will hang all first time offenders..and electricute the second offenders :rolleyes:

BAS ,You are quite right when you said kids today don't know when they born.Mainly because most of them are fullup withcheap drugs and alcohol :cry:

Kids today - ha! Don't know they're born....
- reminds me of something I read that was attributed to a person, and a time, that I didn't expect:

"The children now love luxury; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when their elders enter the room. They contradict their parents . . . gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs and tyrannise their teachers."

Socrates
c. 400 B.C.

WOW! did he know something we didnt or what?

Has he got a website with the lottery numbers on it?

Yeh...but what was he like at DIY??

I havnt seen any quotes from him describing what distember is and how to remore it from a ceiling

Brazilian footballers...PAH!

Sponsored Links
Back