mira 88 mixer shower won't shut off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was asked by a customer to look at their mira 88 shower as the control knob was too stiff for him to use. I have replaced the internal on off control and the temp control. putting it back together I have had trouble when screwing on the outer brass casing. this seems to be pressing against the on off control and making impossible to turn. having sorted this out by making sure the on off control didn't move as i put the casing on. The shower then worked fine, except for the fact the temp control was very stiff. I turned the temp control a few times which losened it a bit, but when i then turned on the shower it woild not shut off again. can anyone help with this?

Sponsored Links
did you descale it, and lube the new O rings?

There was no scale to speak of and i lubed everything. everything seems to be fine until you put the casing on and turn the water on.

You say it won't turn off.

Ie is that the flow dial won't turn or will turn but water don't stop ?

Sounds like a strip down somethings not seated right. ;)

Sponsored Links
As far as I remember, there are tiny O rings deep inside the mixer. It will pass if these are failing or worn. You need another complete strip down to reach them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back