mira advanced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i all, ive got a leak coming from the clamp on my mira advanced shower it drips when shower is off, i took it apart there is just 1 oring has anyone had this problem and is it just a new oring fix, i cant see any cracks in the plastic body, it the clamp arrangement where the water comes into the shower and goes into the housing where the solinoid is, cheers

Sponsored Links
Very rare they just fail.
If the clamp is not damaged/split
Usual reason is the pipework is not sitting square and pulling on the joint.

thanks seco, only thing its been in for about 3 years and nothing has happened to the pipework? strange how its just started

thanks seco, only thing its been in for about 3 years and nothing has happened to the pipework? strange how its just started

I was just waiting on an answer like that. ;)
Had a couple and one was around six yr old wasn't till i released the clamp that i see the inlet wasn't sitting square.
So all that time it had been putting strain on the seal.
Realigned it new seal and all was ok.

Sponsored Links
new oring still leaked :( changed plastic body all ok with old oring :D
hairline crack in old plastic body
new body black plastic old one white opaque plastic, not sure if there has been an upgrade in the material used? but hey all done.

hi seco, no the actual body that the solinoid is bolted to with the sensor bit at the bottom, the half moon clamp was fine, lucky for me my mate had kept an old one off a job and i knicked the bit off that, phew, thanks for your input tho.
wondered if they have changed the material tho?

Not come across a body thats split before or heard of one that has.
As for the material used couldn't say on that.

Least the jobs a good'en ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back