problem with mira advance shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I've got a mira advance shower that lost its water/power shower pressure intermitatantly and has now stopped completely and service light has come on. Cant find a local repairer (in Sheffield) to contact.Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Mark.

Sponsored Links
Have you called Mira to help you diagnose the problem?

In the meantime, when electric showers go wrong, I mostly just replace them.

Yesterday I replaced the PCB in a Mira Sport 10.8Kw. It cost about £75, almost the same price as this (dunno if it's any good):

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100595&ts=36588&id=61785

It saved about £125 on the price of a new Mira but did involve several hours' fannying about and the refit is quite fiddly. Can understand why someone doing it for a living would replace the whole unit.

www.showerdoc.co.uk are quite helpful if you speak scottish.

Hi Mark, I still have a problem with a Mira Advance. So far changed flow valve assembly, control pcb and checked out all other components on the relay pcb, thermistor, heaters etc. All checks out OK. My advice is to buy another one as I have spent loads getting nowhere. Shower Doctor gave some advice as did Shower Spares. Mira themselves not much help.
Check out your water pressure befor you buy another. Min operating is 1 bar. Also try re-calibrating - P20 in the manual - see Shower Doctor web site. Good luck

Sponsored Links
I had a couple of faults on an Advance some time ago. Mira suggested renewing but I tried to repair it and in the end gave up and fitted a Mira Sport from Screwfix. According to Screwfix, they can no longer get the Advance. Plus the Sport is much less complicated and much cheaper. Customer was happy! (You might have guessed that you need new screw holes in the wall tiles though as the two showers do not have the same "footprint"!!)

Hi

I've got parts for my mira showers that i have worked on from screwfix.com and tradingdepot.co.uk both seem great companies and seem to deliver very quickly.

I also tend to replace most electric showers especially if they are more than a few years old because they become problematic.

Hope this helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back