1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Mira bar mixer shower leaking outside of hose

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Barzin, 29 Aug 2021.

1. Barzin

Barzin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    I wondered if anyone can help diagnose what’s going on with my Mira bar mixer shower. I’ve noticed it leaking down from the outlet connector and dripping off the hose. Naturally my first action was to replace the hose washer, but it carried on leaking (a slow drip every 5-10 secs).

It’s not a leak passing through the hose and out of the shower head, it’s leaking from the outlet connector. With the hose connected it leaks on the outside of the hose and down. With the hose disconnected (as shown in the picture) it drips from around the outlet.

My next plan was to remove the outlet connector and see if there’s a seal within that to replace, but I don’t seem to have the right size Allen key (11mm I think). Does this seem a likely cause and solution? I can’t help but find myself thinking that if the seal on the outlet connector is passing, then something further upstream must be passing too to provide the water feed?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Likely the on/off control handle side needs a new cartridge or washer (depending on type).

4. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Firstly I'd check that the hose it tightening right up properly. Was the hose tight to come off? Sometimes the male nipple can unscrew out of the bar a little too and can then leak.

• Thanks Thanks x 1