Mira bar mixer shower leaking outside of hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I wondered if anyone can help diagnose what’s going on with my Mira bar mixer shower. I’ve noticed it leaking down from the outlet connector and dripping off the hose. Naturally my first action was to replace the hose washer, but it carried on leaking (a slow drip every 5-10 secs).

It’s not a leak passing through the hose and out of the shower head, it’s leaking from the outlet connector. With the hose connected it leaks on the outside of the hose and down. With the hose disconnected (as shown in the picture) it drips from around the outlet.

My next plan was to remove the outlet connector and see if there’s a seal within that to replace, but I don’t seem to have the right size Allen key (11mm I think). Does this seem a likely cause and solution? I can’t help but find myself thinking that if the seal on the outlet connector is passing, then something further upstream must be passing too to provide the water feed?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Attachments

• 1EB0CD1D-3F79-4E43-AA0D-D0BE9077D328.jpeg
    1EB0CD1D-3F79-4E43-AA0D-D0BE9077D328.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 481
Sponsored Links
Likely the on/off control handle side needs a new cartridge or washer (depending on type).

Firstly I'd check that the hose it tightening right up properly. Was the hose tight to come off? Sometimes the male nipple can unscrew out of the bar a little too and can then leak.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back