Mira Essentials Shower Pump - Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I am going to retile the bathroom I need to remove the shower pump I installed some years ago.

The hot and cold inside the shower pump fit into a plastic housing which has some form of locking collar. I have obtained a removal tool from the manufacturer but there are no instructions for use and I have seached the net without success.

The tool has the words PIPE REMOVAL with an arrow on one side and I take it that it is used with these words uppermost and the arrow in the dirction of use.

Is the tool inserted between the locking collars (forcing them upwards) or is it used to depress them downwards. ?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Mike
Use the tool to push the collar back into the actual fitting whilst at the same time you pull the pipe away from the fitting.
I believe they are a pushfit connection.
Pete

Thanks Pete

Whilst I was awaiting a response from DIYNOT I found an email address for Mira tech support and sent them the same question.

Their reply is pasted..... "Dear Sir,
Thank you for your recent email. As I am unaware if the pipework enters the inter manifold from the top or the bottom, I cannot confirm if the collets should be moved upwards or downwards. However, please accept this as confirmation that to release the shower control module from the pipework the collets should be pulled out from the inlet manifold, not pushed into it. Therefore, if the pipework enters the inlet manifold from above you will need to pull the collets upwards, whereas pipework entering the inlet manifold from below means you will have to pull the collets downwards"

The tool they sent also seemed engineered to agree with the above since the leading edges are chamfered as if they are designed to force the collets away from the manifold. I tried quite hard but quite gingerly to lift the collets away but they seemed very reluctant.

In the end I managed to get a 15mm pipe cutter on the pipe and press on each collet towards the manifold (without cutting the pipe) I heard the air rush in (system had been drained and isolated) and the pipe eased themselves up and out of the inled manifold. One collet came out of the manifold housing but it seems to have clicked back in - obvioulsy I do not know if it is damaged and that will have to wait unitl the sytem is re- installed

perhaps there are two types of Mira Essentials??? but pressing seems better than pulling

Thanks for your assistance :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back