Difficulty removing copper pipe from the shower inlet...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I guess this is going to sound basic, but for some reason it has stumped me (insert your own jokes)

I bought a replacement Mira for an existing electric shower. All is going fine with the installation pushfitted the pipes into shower and screwed the unit to the wall. Then I realised I hadn't tightened the compression nuts around the valves on both water pipes - don't ask me how, but 2 4 year olds can be a distraction... that my excuse!

Simple enough you would have thought, remove the screws, release the pipe from the shower connection using a supplied "push-fit removal" tool. But this is where I have the problem. It doesn't matter what I try, the tool which squeezes the collar in which the pipe is inserted doesn't seem to be doing the trick and using force, pliers or whatever it has stumped me why I cannot remove the copper pipes from the inlets.

I suspect there is a simple trick which once I know it will be all too obvious, but as I don't know it, I appeal to those who might for HELP!

Deeply frustrated in London, Dan

Sponsored Links
Obviously you would have turned the water supply off but have you released the pressure? Try turning off at the main stop cock and draining the kitchen tap (with any isolation valves open).

Sorry. Just realised that the water would not have been turned back on yet :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back