Mira Event XS Thermostatic not coming on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Mira Event XS Thermostatic power shower and was working fine yesterday but now does not work.

When I press the on button I can hear a clicking noise but the light does not come on and the shower does not start.
Fuse in isolation box seems ok.

Could it be pcb or something else?

any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It could be a number of things.
Firstly you want to confirm that electrical power is getting to the shower, then check water is.

If these are confirmed could be PCB, micro switch, thermal cut-out issue or the potentiometer.

How old is it?

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I opened up the Shower unit and all seemed ok in there and then noticed the 2in extension plastic bit for the on/off button had broken off the cover.

Fixed that back on with silicone for now.
Problem all sorted!

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I opened up the Shower unit and all seemed ok in there and then noticed the 2in extension plastic bit for the on/off button had broken off the cover.

Fixed that back on with silicone for now.
Problem all sorted!

Ah yes, sorry, I should have twigged. had exactly the same problem a few months back with the same model. Maybe you bought the one I sent back. Did you buy it from Screwfix by any chance?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back