Mira Excel fitting pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira Excel running gravity fed that has been in some ten years and is no problem but want to have higher pressure spray if possible. I can maybe raise cold tank a further 8 inches so will try that first. I have also acquired a Stuart Turner Showermate 1.4 bar pump to use if necessary. As the Excel can run from 0.5 - 2.0 bar (it has the low pressure cartridge fitted) I rang Mira to ask whether fitting a 1.4 bar pump would be ok. Although very nice they couldn't give me an answer saying that no one had tried this! It might work and might not - which wasn't too helpful from the experts. Anyone tried this and what was the outcome? Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You can always rely on someone from up here being the first to help!! Many thanks for the view Kevplumb :) Maybe some one out there who can also read the Geordie written word will have tried this Mira with a pump and make it worth a try.
Cheers :eek:

Sponsored Links
It worked!! Upped the cold water tank to 50galls, did some careful design on the supply pipes to minimise air being drawn in and then plumbed it all in. The Mira functions easily with the 1.4 bar pump (Hope Mira are reading this!) and the pressure is far higher. If anyone considers doing this I would be quite happy to give more detail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back