MIRA EXCEL not working (from new)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i have searched forum but cant see similar posts.
installed mira excel 3yrs ago, from day it was fitted its never had more than luke warm/cold water on any setting. never got round to sorting it as shower mixer taps at other end of bath which work fine.
its mains fed, on a baxi combi 80e, pressure seems plenty, no probs with hw on any taps (until last month, boiler is now lettin HW into CH or no HW, my guess blocked heat exchange or diverter valve fault, HW was ok prior to this)

i know these excels have got there own internal adjustments/settings that could be faulty, but from factory fit i cant see this being the problem, or if i'm wrong would they need setting up?
could it be a problem with hw flow from the boiler?
any ideas would be great as im making 2010 the year to fix it!!
cheers guys (or girls!) M

Sponsored Links
sorry will be more helpfull. electric showers should be mains fed (cold) not via a combi. as to whats wrong with it after that, dunno

Sponsored Links
sorry will be more helpfull. electric showers should be mains fed (cold) not via a combi. as to whats wrong with it after that, dunno

Mira excel is a thermostatic mixer shower. I think there's 2 types one for low pressure tank fed & one suitable for a combi system so make sure you have the right one. Also make sure it's piped up the right way round, the hot supply pipe should be on the left hand side.
As for the boiler problem you need to be a bit clearer about the problem.

thanks keego, its an Excel EV and suitable for combi. sorry if it sounds stupid (i'm sure many will jump to critise..) but when you say hot fed from left, do you mean looking at in on wall or from the rear!

i think problem maybe solved, i've a sneaky feelin hot fed to the right. without gettin b/panel off tonight and my theory works running on lowest temp setting i should feel one side of valve get colder! girls can be technical!!
if it is then the dads got his bank hol weekend booked up!! cheers guys :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back