Mira excel showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently redone our bathroom, keeping the Mira Excel shower unit. When reconnecting the shower unit I found it leaked and would not allow me to turn the temperature dial.
I replaced the cartridge which solved the leak, and allowed me to turn the temperature dial. However there does not seem to be any change in the water temperature. The water is fed from a Britony Combi boiler.
The setting on the cartridge is for high pressure.
Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
Silly answer but have you turned on the cold supply for the shower and you haven't somehow swapped the supplies. Hot on the left as you face it.

Unfortunately that is not the answer. The cold water supply is definately on. I have tried the shower again and there is some difference in temperature when turning the temperature dial but it is the difference between very hot and extremely hot!!!
Is there any way of changing the temperature range available?

Try removing the thermostatic cartridge and turning it 180 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately that is not the answer. The cold water supply is definately on. I have tried the shower again and there is some difference in temperature when turning the temperature dial but it is the difference between very hot and extremely hot!!!
Is there any way of changing the temperature range available?

Yes but you'll have to refer to the MI's instructions or call them on Monday.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back