Mira Shower and water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had a Triton t90i (8.5kW) for a number of years but recently it packed it in. Went out and bought a Mira Sprint (9.5kW) and installed it but now only a trickle of water when I turn it on!

From reading around it looks like I may need a pump as my tank is in the attic about 1metre above the shower (the installation book refers to 7 metres required!). Although the bathroom tap runs from the tank and there seems like lots of water pressure.

But why did the Triton t90i not require one? Will a pump resolve the problem? What pump rating would I need (water tank is not huge!)? Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
John

Sponsored Links
Electric showers are normally installed on the mains supply. A tank feed will not be adequate unless the shower is specially designed for tank feed. I don't think the Mira Sprint is. However the Mira Elite is suitable for tank feed, as is the Triton T90si. These showers have built-in pumps.

As chrishutt says, the Mira Sprint is designed for mains supply, whereas your old shower was designed for a tank supply, so you haven't replaced like with like.

thanks. that makes a lot of sense. the store i bought it had it listed as a "gravity" shower i.e. can run from tank but didnt state that the tank needs to be 7metres above the shower!! think I will get a mira elite II. Assume this is the best pumped shower around?

Sponsored Links
If the shower is fed from a tank supply, have you considered a mixer shower that gets its hot water from the cylinder? Cheaper to run and less to go wrong.

Yeah its source is a water tank. I have considered a mixer but then I would need to get hot water plumbed in plus would need hot water when I want a shower. I like the flexibility of electric showers, esp in summer :)

Try the Mira Advance. We've had ours 10 years now - other than the hose wearing a bit - great shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back