Mira Shower Flow/Pressure Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Have a Mira Excel thermostatic valve installed in both bathrooms, been there for about 5 years or so. They are both fed off a Heatre Sadia MegaFlo.

For some reason one of the valves has stopped working properly.... I switch the valve on and the shower is at full flow/pressure, after about 3 seconds it lessens significantly, I'm talking about just enough to take a shower and it stays that way! Tried checking the shower hose for obstructions but even with the shower head off it's very poor flow. Also tried it on full cold or full hot but either way very poor flow. Tested the one in the other bathroom - no probs, nice and powerful.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check for mesh filtres in the inlets to valve body / scale ? strip out stat cartridge and leave soaking in white vinegas overnight

Thanks for the idea, I take it the thing has to come off the wall then? It can't be taken apart on the wall can it?

Any ideas? Appreciate the help as I really don't want to wreck the tiling if I can help it

Sponsored Links
the filters on the excel are inside, you'll need to strip it down from the white controls on the front then when you get to the cartridge their are 4 screws hold the cartridge into the chrome unit.
looks like a 96 model excel

Thanks for the advice Seco, only thing that baffles me is why the pressure gradually reduces? It's at full pressure/flow when you first switch it on but then it slowly wittles down to a very weak shower.... would scale/debris do that because I can't visualise it :confused: I could understand it might be scale/debris if it never got full pressure/flow but it does for the first few seconds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back