Mira sport 7.5- internal leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I discovered a sudden, rapid leak from our Mira sport 7.5. Think the shower is from around 2003. Managed to isolate electrics and water and took off cover. The internal clamp at the top has a hairline crack. The mains supply is routed via the attic so comes from above. Is this likely to be the reason and is a fix straightforward?

many thanks
S79

Attachments

• C666162C-F43A-495B-821B-A7D1081FB9DD.jpeg
    C666162C-F43A-495B-821B-A7D1081FB9DD.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
You can try here https://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-post-1992-shower-spares or weigh up if a new shower would be beneficial if parts are starting to breakdown and fail. If there’s an isolation valve fitted (which there should be - full bore at that) then use that until you can decide what’s best, but getting the water back on. If not go and purchase one and fit, or even just a 2 part compression stop end, so you can get water back on.

Thanks Chris_W. We’ve isolated the water just to the shower so systems are restored elsewhere. Just seen it’s an 8.5, not 7.5. When I get a moment I’ll see what the options are.
Interestingly, it seemed to be triggered by starting the washing machine. The flow of water into the washing machine was followed by high pitched whistling from the boiler, which was then followed by the alarming sound of water dripping into the kitchen floor, underneath said shower... We had a water meter fitted last year and have read of expansion forces damaging components in the house...(but it’s too early for thread drift so I’ll stop there...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back