Mira sport 9.0 cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a relatively new (2 years) Mira Sport shower that has recently started cutting out. The shower turns on fine for 1-5 minutes then cuts out with all the lights going off, I then have to turn the isolator switch on the wall off and back on for it to come back on again for 1-5 minutes before the process repeats itself, I have run the shower on cold, with no head or hose attached and all result in the same issue. What is causing this?

Once fixed, is there also an easy way to increase the water pressure? It’s good, but I like a proper power shower to slap me in the face as a good morning to wake me up

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I’ll address the pressure issue 1st - no standard electric shower is going to slap you in the face.

As for turning off - check for a loose connection or test the solenoid with a multimeter set to resistance (Ohms), iirc approx 4ohms

Once fixed, is there also an easy way to increase the water pressure? It’s good, but I like a proper power shower to slap me in the face as a good morning to wake me up
No electric shower will ever deliver that.

If you want a proper shower, it's a mixer valve connected to a gas combination boiler, or an unvented hot water cylinder, or a vented cylinder with a pump.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back