mira sport max airboost, new install - strange faults

2wd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can assist please

Just replaced the shower with a Mira Sport Max air boost 9Kw

Ran OK after the plumber installed it, but then started having issues next day

High mode- runs for a minute or so then stops working, no water comes out, there are no lights lit on the shower front as though we have lost all power, but the main fuse doesn’t trip, so I know their is power still at the shower.

Have to wait a few minutes, press the on button and it works again for a few minutes then same again

Have also noticed if we move the dial far into the red zone the water is scalding, although moving it back will run at normal temperatures, I didn't think modern showers would allow scalding water?

So I tried it in Eco mode and the water ran warm and didn't fail ,worked OK for 2 days

But this morning had the same fault as in high mode and it stops working, no lights on and no water (water isn't scalding in this mode)

Also noticed this morning when the fault occurs in eco mode, the low light was flashing, but according to the Mira guides this is not an indicator of low pressure, just indicates its in the low mode

Also run it in the Low mode and as per user guide runs cold water, no issues in this mode

Rang Mira tech guys and they admitted never heard of all these faults . especially where there appears to be no power, but there is and they advised it's probably a faulty shower.

Before I go through the hassle of getting it replaced, has anyone any thoughts/experience on the above issues please

TIA

Sponsored Links
Abit of a strange fault.
But with this High mode- runs for a minute or so then stops working, no water comes out, there are no lights lit on the shower front as though we have lost all power, but the main fuse doesn’t trip, so I know their is power still at the shower.

i'd be inclined to check the live/neutral connections for tightness.
a loose connection won't trip the mains.

Just opened it and checked, all are good and tight

Sponsored Links
Sorry to jump on this old thread but my more Airboost has just stopped working and is just flashing the low power light. As OP said, it’s not listed as a fault in the instructions. Was it a fuse issue/connection in the isolation switch for you?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back