Mira Sport Max Shower - Water pouring from unit when off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I hope you can offer some advice. We have a Mira Sport Max Shower and yesterday water started pouring from the unit. After isolating the power to the unit, we removed the case to find that the water was coming from behind the green circuit? board.

We had the emergency plumber come out from our insurance company who had never seen this problem before and stated we needed to start knocking holes in the wall. This needs to wait until Tuesday for the insurance company to give it the ok. However I'm not sure that this needs doing to find the problem.

I would appreciate help.

Attachments

• Shower.JPG
    Shower.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 332
Sponsored Links
Isolate supplies (power & water) remove it from wall and connect to a garden hose outside, with a short bit of copper, jubilee circlip and a 1/2" backnut and see where it's leaking from! While it's off, cap the feed pipe coming out of the wall and turn water back on to see if leak is from pipe in the wall!

Sponsored Links
Cannot cap the water pipe off at the moment as do not have the cap. will need to wait until shops open tomorrow :(

I've got 'undreds of 'em in my van here in North London... If I throw one, do you think you'd be able to catch it? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back