Mira sport shower suddenly gone cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,we have a Mira Sport shower which all of a sudden has decided that we need cold showers :( . This is the second time this has happened ,last time was a couple of years ago when we had just moved into this house.We just changed the shower that time but I dont really want to spend another £200 so soon. Can anybody give me an idea of what could be wrong .Thanks ..TIM

Sponsored Links
check the tco on top of the heat can for continuity with a multi meter.

TRITO_22010070_view.png

Hi thanks Ive just searched the garage and found my multi meter and realise that I dont know what to do with it :oops: ,where do I point the dial and what should or shouldnt happen when i put the probes on the tco ,please excuse my ignorance but I am a brickie !! :LOL:

does your meter do continuity test ? the meter will bleep when the probes
touched together.

if so isolate the mains power, toutch a probe on each side of the tco connections and the meter will bleep if continuity if no continuity it knacked.

Sponsored Links
Don't you have to disconnect one of the TCO connections to do a cont test? Might you not get a reading through other circuits?

I have turned the dial all the way round with the probes touching ,no beeps just all the numbers changing.I might just go and get a tco and change it to see if that does anything.Thanks again

I have just come back from a week away.The TCO I had ordered was on the mat .Just fitted it and we have a working shower :D Thanks

My Mira Sport 9.8Kw thermostatic shower no longer works. The power light is on, water flows, but it is cold, no matter what I do with the temperature dial etc.

I read this, switched off power and water to it, took off the cover, and I also get "open circuit" across the "TCO".

Should I get a new TCO and fit it, then?

This shower has not been used in a couple of years - could this have caused the TCO to get stuck or something?

Where can I buy one?

Any hints or tips very gratefully received!

Giles

Thanks for the reply.

I have just ordered one of these.

It looks like a fairly simple job to change it over, will have a go when the part turns up. Fortunately I have a set of those "star" screwdriver bits that will be needed to remove and refit the TCO.

Let's hope it turns out that this is all that is wrong and the shower will then work.

Great news! Got the TCO, changed it over. It was bit fiddly to extract the TCO from amongst the cables and the tops of the heating elements, but once swapped for the new one, my shower now works again.

Thanks for the useful hints!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back