Mira vigour power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i believe my shower may be on its way out, for the past few months it sounds like the pump is really struggling and the shower is also slightly noisier than usual.

The shower is around 10 years old
Here is some pics
20191229_124749.jpg 20191229_125012.jpg 20191229_125026.jpg 20191229_125042.jpg as you can probably see the inside is quite blackened especially near the motor, something tells me this isn't right and perhaps dangerous?

Could the power shower just be on its way out or is there something more serious going on here? What is a reasonable lifespan for a power shower?

Despite the strange noise the shower has been making it is still working and have never has not blown the 3 amp fuse the fcu or tripped the rcd.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You need to isolate power and the water and give the shower internals a good brush out with a really soft paint brush or a can of spray air, especially around the motor. Ideally if you can, disconnect and remove the motor as it make it much easier to work on. You also need to inspect and clean the armature to ensure it isn't too worn, otherwise it will just eat the new brushes. If it's getting noisy then the bearings may also be contaminated and they will eventually fail. Your motor looks like the later grey one so it shouldn't have brass carriers but check the springs are in good condition.

Do all of this first to confirm that it wont be a waste of time fitting new brushes.

If anything is too worn then after 10 years I don't think it owes you anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back