Mira Zest Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Mira Zest Mk2 with a leak.

The leak is coming from the bottom of the flow regulator assembly and is at the back, where the flow regulator meets the outer casing - I have attached a photo, with an arrow to indicate the exact spot.

The shower was cutting in and out at first - with no sign of a leak - and I suspected the solenoid coil would need replacing, as I replaced it about 3 years ago for the same problem.

After about 10 days the shower stopped working completely - and only then did the leak appear, once (I'm assuming) the solenoid had died.

Can the solenoid failing cause a leak to appear in the flow regulator? I already have a replacement solenoid, but wonder if I need to replace the flow regulator also?

Any advice you can give would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• Mira-Leak-Point.jpg
    Mira-Leak-Point.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 240
Sponsored Links
I tried to replace the solenoid today and as I was prizing it off the spindle it started to make a slight buzzing sound.

The electric is off at the fuse box, naturally - and I also used my multimeter to check for voltage (belt and braces) - so there is certainly no power getting to the shower.

It starts to buzz as I'm prizing it loose - when I push it home again the buzzing stops.

Can anyone explain what that is about? I never experienced this the first time I replaced the solenoid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back