Mira Event XS shower leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Today I replaced the Solenoid Valve Assembly (part # 453.13) on my Mira Event XS Thermostatic power shower as I suspected the old one was no longer working correctly. The shower seems to work ok now, however I have a leak where the Solenoid Valve Assembly meets the Damping Vessel. I have disconnected & reconnected the damping vessel a few times to try to ensure the seal is good but I just cannot seem to stop it leaking. I have attached a couple of photos, please can you advise if I have done something wrong here? Have I connected it correctly? Do you have any advice on how to stop it leaking?

It only leaks when the shower hose and head are both attached. If no hose is attached then it does not leak. If the hose is attached but the head is not, it does not leak. It seems the pressure build up is just too much with the head on.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

Sponsored Links
Is it leaking from the hose at the bottom? If so the clip is probably just junk (plastic rubbish). I'd try a proper jubilee clip, being careful not to let any of the metal touch anything else.

Thanks St0rmer66 for the suggestion about the jubilee clip I will give that a go.

What happens is when I turn the shower on the clear plastic damping vessel fills up with water as it should but when the water reaches the top of the vessel where it meets the solenoid valve it spills out of the top. I have added a picture with blue arrows showing where it is leaking.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Andy

I'd try the metal jubilee clip then. Doesn't appear to be any electrical contacts anywhere near so I don't think it'll be an issue in that regard.

Sponsored Links
Well great news, I put a metal jubilee clip on last night and it worked a treat! The leak has completely gone, even with the pump on full pressure. Well chuffed!

Thanks a lot for your help St0rmer66, it is really appreciated!

Cheers,
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back