mirrored sliding wardrobes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been getting quotes for about the last two months for mirrored wardrobes in two bedrooms, the most expensive quote for about £3k for one bedroom and the cheapest was about £1500 for two bedrooms... who knew that it was be so expensive.

I'm now looking at getting them from screwfix and having someone fit them. Came across jobsorter which looks great for this kind of work.

Anyway I was told by a guy that I would need 9 doors which seemed a lot as the length of each bedroom was only 276 cm and 229cm, it seemed more like 6 or 7 to me. He wanted £250 each bedroom which seemed quit high.

How long does it take to fit mirror wardrobes and what would the cost be?

Sponsored Links
You have not specified the work, difficult to comment on the price .Is he just installing sliding doors or building a carcass internally or just putting in a few shelves? Quantity of doors will depend on the width as they are available in a variety of sizes.

Hi

That was just to fit 9 doors, sorry my mistake the width was 276cm was one room and 229cm for the other room.

I would have thought three doors for one room and three slighter large doors for the other room. £500 to put together two sliding wardrobes seemed a lot to me. That didnt include any interior.

Sponsored Links
Its only a days work at best so seems expensive.Bottom track screws to floor, top rack to a frame built to lower top rail to correct height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back