misheard lyrics

There once was a girl from Finland
Who liked to take sailors inland
She'd go to the bog
And do a big log
And show them what she'd done in-hand

Sponsored Links
"I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a Cilla Black phantom bike." (Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell)

trollmaster2000 said:

That doesn't scan. I seem to remember that one of Diane's limericks was deleted because it didn't scan. :( :( :LOL:

Sponsored Links
"I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a Cilla Black phantom bike." (Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell)

trollmaster2000 said:

That doesn't scan. I seem to remember that one of Diane's limericks was deleted because it didn't scan. :( :( :LOL:

i think you will find MY limerick was deleted because someone hit the alert button :rolleyes:

And you come to me on a submarine (Bee Gees - How deep is your love)

I am the egg man, they are the egg men, I am the walrus, coo coo ke choo, oh wait a minute....

I dare the the commonest one is those who sing

'Please don't break my heart, my achy breaky heart'

instead of

' please don't tell my heart......'

Although probably less a case of mishearing, than being conditioned by umpteen heart breaking lyrics.

And anyway, if you sing a long to that one you're not right anyway........

Diane2 said:
MY limerick was deleted because someone hit the alert button

Well it certainly wasn't me. I've gradually come to accept the idea that poetry doesn't always scan - or rhyme either! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jar of farts :oops: I actually collected one such item - in my last year @ primary school - when we did a bit of science and I saw a jam jar holding water upside down when the opening was submerged - tried it out in the bath :mrgreen: So I became a plumber " who do you think you are running round leaving scars , collecting your jar of farts "

Madonna, La Isla Bonita - "I fell in love with some diego ....... young girl with eyes like potatoes"

Sponsored Links
Back