Mismatched wallpaper batches

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought wallpaper for my dining room in July and have only now started hanging it. The delay was because we hadn't started stripping when I bought it, I just got it to stop my girlfriend moaning about it.

I started hanging it today and found one of the rolls has been misprinted, it's got light orange birds on it and the roll had orange paint splatters in random places.

I had to junk the whole roll and this has left me a drop short ( I think as I haven't finished papering yet). I'm clearly not going to get a matching batch after this long, how bad will the mismatch be?

The paper is this one http://www.diy.com/departments/colo...wallpaper/1274376_BQ.prd?icamp=recs&rrec=true so quite pale.

Sponsored Links
difficult one for you .....but seeing as you are matching thin lines you might get away with it = try and get the best match at eye level , and consider a picture over just the edges to disguise.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Try and finish what you have into a corner then start out of the corner with the fresh roll. Colours look different on diffferent walls as the light hits it at different angles. Two odd pieces together will almost always show !

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the best plan is to try and swap batches next to the chimney breast, that way it should be less noticeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back