Missing eaves drip batten on flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for advise on the finish of the eaves of my rear ext flat roof. As can been seen from the image below it doesnt have a drip batten at the eaves.
View media item 34237
The loft and rear extension were built at the same time. The roofer however has left a drip batton between fascia and edge for the loft which wont have a gutter(in picture above). However this detail is missing from the front of the flat roof rear extension. This detail is on the sides of the rear extension but not on the front where there is guttering to go. As can be seen from the picture below the felt finishes at the edge of the roof and there is a layer of lead under it going over and down the fascia board.

View media item 34238
Since he has done it correctly on loft and side or rear extention, I think he is fairly competent, however I just want to double check he did the right thing.
I told him I was getting a rolled seamless gutter and to not put one on. Has he left the correct finish. I was expecting a similiar finish to the loft. I cant contact builder at the moment as he is out on holidays. Thanks for any advise.

A

Sponsored Links
He has obviously done it in response to your gutter requirements, and all you'll do is carefully lift the lead, fit the guttering and then dress the lead down into the gutter and the water will just carry straight in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back