Missing Humax freesat channels?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We haven't had a TV for years . Today our elderly neighbour called across the fence to complain she was missing channels 306 to 600 on her Humax box. I don't know if they were ever there in the first place but if they are missing , I wonder if her dish could have moved in the gales we had recently??.

Sponsored Links
From here how can we tell? Go and look at her dish to see if it's moved. You'll see newly exposed metalwork on the mounting bracket if it has

ktuludays Thanks for that, I suppose I should have said - as a first step, before getting up on a second storey roof, please can anyone tell me if these channels should normally be available in Scotland.

Actually sounds about right. Can't check my box at the mo, not with the TV.
Freesat channels do seem to be in constant flux.
Does the 'old dear' switch her 'box' off over night?
Has she lost channels she watches/listens too?

Sponsored Links
There is a nightly 'update' of channel info - takes place about 03:00 GMT so if the box is disconnected from the mains it won't receive the update when channels are changed around.

Channel listing https://www.freesat.co.uk/tv-guide

wgt52, eta
Thanks guys, that's great info. I'm 75 but just because I gutted and renovated my house myself and have a shed full of classic motorbikes, these old folk think I'm a wizard!!. Thanks again.

If she is missing channels (programmes) it is very possible if the box is switched off overnight the automatic update will be lost and so selecting a new programme from the program menu will not select the chosen program or a different program.
it is possible to do a manual retune at at anytime - has a look in the 'menu'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back