Missing part from lockshield valve after disaster!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to the forum, so please be kind :)

Had a bit of a disaster - replaced the downstairs radiator, no problem.

Mrs went to do the same with the upstairs one whilst I was on the phone, except turned the alan key the wrong way!!!

Cue a 6 foot high fountain of hot water, and much panic...

Anyway, it's all under control now, but there was a small metal part of the lockshield valve that we can't find... now it's closed, the C/H is back on, and there's no leaking at all, so as far as I can make out it's fine, but there was definitely a washer type bit that's now missing.

I'm worried that it might develop a leak or something over the next few days, can anyone help please?

much appreciated.

Mark

Sponsored Links
I had a lockshield valve that was leaking from the spindle and although I tightened the gland nut it made very little difference. However I do recall the leak actually stopped when the valve was fully opened.
Are you saying it's the 'gland nut' thats gone missing ie hexegon with hole for spindle and threaded to screw into gland recess.
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Well, I thought people here might be more familiar with them, and that they might be a standard configuration more or less.

Sorry if I made a mistake, but I have no frame of reference.

If you're not sure whats missing, why not look at another one and see if you can spot the difference.
:rolleyes:

even if we could indentify the make model of the valve you still wouldnt be able to buy the part you cant identify, as a seperate item.
So you need to replace the whole valve.
sorry cheap as chips ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back