Missing window lock key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? A visitor accidentally pushed my window handle into the locked position whilst it was open - and I've mislaid the key. Any bright ideas? Sadly, the window is a different one to all the others in the house, so no chance of finding a second key...

Sponsored Links
Is it like these?
saracen1.jpg

Whatever happen you will need a new handle unless you can find the key.
If you look carefully you can prise of the cover like a small square, then undo the screw and replace with new handle.

First time on this forum and have a simular prob that my locks wont open on several of the windows. They look exactly like these !! Is it a common problem ?? Are all the fittings the same ? if so where can i get hold of these .

Heeeeeeeeelp !!!

Ta

We had similar fittings some years ago and found if the locks were not used regularly they would seize. We broke no end of keys trying to open them. In the end We used to put a quick squirt of wd40 in every couple of months, that seemed to do the trick.

Try here for replacements

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that. So are these a universal fitting???
Its not that they actually sieze its that the handle goes limp (??) and does not pick up the working parts inside to actually open the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back