Need a key for locked windows ...help please !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a new house that was vacant for a while. Unfortunately most of the windows are locked and no key was provided. A local locksmith said that these are a very old -fashioned type and not in use now.....and he could not locate any key for me. He says the key would be long and skinny.

I have attached 2 photos ...one with window handle locked and one of the lucky ones that actually open still ! Two buttons and one key on these window handles. Can anyone help me please ?

Many thanks !

Sponsored Links
Sissie sounds like you are a girl .... or a guy who is well... a sissie - but in either case you will have a hair grip which can normally be used to open the lock with the help of a screwdriver to turn it.

Your pictures are not attached, so otherwise just take the handles off and fit some new ones

sissie12345's pictures

sissie12345, as said you did not add the pictures to your post, remeer for next time, you just need to copy and paste the text above the picture

{net}116260/9647_28716700.jpg{/net}

I changed the brackets from [ ] to { } so it will not work

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back