Missing window trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two of my windows seem to be missing an upper interior trim between the sash and the vent.

See the attached photos - 1 complete and 1 missing. (Images seem to have rotated 90 degrees)

What can I put here to eliminate the draught without causing problems? I'm not sure if the draught is coming through the frame, or from the hole in the wall at the side of it. But if you run your fingers along the channel you can feel the cold draught.

Sponsored Links
Either run a bit of expanding foam in the gap or seal with sealant, you then want to trim it same as the one in the other pic. Cut the trim to the required length, run some sealant along the timber/coving, double side tape along the back edge that's going against the window. Push trim up to sealant then inwards into the window, making sure it straight all the way along.
Glue's another option instead of ds tape but not for beginners. Looks approx 40mm trim if you can't source existing trim!

Clean and seal after, use caulk if you wish to paint the coving after

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back